1. What are Sample Saturdays?
Sample Saturdays are an event where brides who are planning their wedding can visit our shop, browse, ask questions and taste complimentary cake samples. Dont be confused it is realy simple!
2. Who are Sample Saturdays for? Sample Saturdays are any couple that need wedding cakes, or anyone planning an event like an anniversary or quinceanera. (Sample Saturdays are not for birthday cakes and smaller event cakes.)
3. How do I sign up for Sample Saturday?
The only way to sign up for Sample Saturday is by completing the form below. Unfortunately, we CANNOT accept any requests by phone. We schedule all information online with our Google Calendar/Scheduler. The associate in charge of Sample Saturdays is not onsite to answer questions or manage bookings. Please fill out the information below and we will contact you with a confirmation. Sample Saturdays is one of the easiest parts about planning your wedding! We are the ONLY cake shop in DFW to offer this service!
4. Sweet Inspiration Packages - If you are interested in on of our AAAHHHMAZING packages, reserve your date today! You will taste the best cake in DFW at the Sample Saturday Session, we can get a contract all set up for you! If you would like to take the contract home to review....no problem! You can send it in later! Bottom line... we make it easy for you to get the best cakes in DFW!
5. Custom Wedding Cakes - If you have specific cakes in mind.... for example...cakes from pictures or magazines perhaps you have wanted a certain cake for a long time, SAMPLES SATURDAYS IS NOT A VERY GOOD FIT! During a custom wedding cake consultation, we actually take the time to draw up your exact creation and we painstakingly go through all of the options so that you can get the EXACT cake you are wanting. If you are wanting a custom cake then a CUSTOM CONSULTATION is the best route for you...you can skip Sample Saturday and fill out the request here!
6. Where are the Sample Saturdays located?
All Sample Saturdays are scheduled at our DESIGN CENTER in Duncanville. We know..you think DUNCANVILLE? But believe us... it is soooo worth the drive. We are only 20 minutes outside of Downtown Dallas and 25 minutes from Downtown Fort Worth!
It is one of the most important events of your life... you DESERVE and really want the BEST cakes in DFW! Trust us....we blow away the competition in price and especially TASTE!
The Cake Guys Design Center
630 Big Stone Gap Road
Duncanville, TX 75137
7. When are Sample Saturdays scheduled?
All dates listed below from 9:00am-4:00pm. Coincidentally, all dates fall on a Saturday. Each client MUST sign up for a specific time slot so that we can prepare staff and the correct amount of samples.
8. Is it a private consultation?
YES, somewhat. You will have approximately 45 minutes to sample and meet with an associate, after that you are welcome to browse and ask other questions, but the first 25 minutes are designed as a personal information session just for you!
9. If we like your cakes and flavor, and decide to go with more of a CUSTOM CAKE can we book a CUSTOM CONSULTATION at that time? Yes, we encourage it!
10. If we are ordering a Sweet Inspiration Package, can we sign our contract at that time?
Yes! IN FACT WE ENCOURAGE IT! Be sure to print out any special offers frou our COUPON PAGE.
11. How many people can I bring?
Please limit yourself to 3 other people and please no children. Be mindful that other brides will be tasting and browsing. If you decide to book a custom consultation, you may bring up to 4 additional guests to the custom consultation.
12. So, if I come to sample flavors at a Sample Saturday, and decide to go to a custom consultation, do we get to sample
cakes at the custom consultation also?
Yes, you will have a personal consultation which includes a detailed planning session and cake samples. Note: Consultations are only available for custom wedding cake orders, not for Sweet Inspiration Packages. Also, we no longer make cupcakes.
13: Do we have to attend a Sample Saturday to book a consultation?
No, we want to offer an opportunity for brides visit our shop, see our display, meet associates and a chance to taste great cake!
14. Which flavors of cake will be offered?
It depends on the flavors available on each specified date. It will vary, but the essential wedding and groom’s cake flavors will always be available, plus other flavors including, but not limited to red velvet, wedding cake, chocolate cake and many of our delicious fillings. The tasting is not for you to choose a flavor, but instead for you to taste our work and baking skills! One word....YUMMY!
15. Is there a fee?
No, Sample Saturdays are complimentary for our wonderful brides and grooms! However, there is a $450 minimum order minimum.
16. Do I need a reservation?
Yes, this is very important. Each bride must fill out and submit the form below so we will know how many to serve. We need to know no later than the Friday before you would like to attend. You MUST select a specific time and date. We beg you … please keep your appointment or if you are not sure, please only book when you are completely positive you can attend. Every session is generally filled and when a bride is a no show it takes a spot of someone whom probably wanted that time slot.
17. Can I come to Sample Saturday if we want cupcakes for our weddings? Unfortunately, no. Please see more information here (wedding cupcakes).
YOU MUST READ THIS INFORMATION
Please understand that when you reserve a spot for Sample Saturday, we specifically make each client cake samples and plan our staffing based on your requests. If you are a NO SHOW, you took a spot from another bride and our cake samples are wasted. We provide this service, at no cost, to make it easier on people to become more familiar with the cake process. No other bakery in DFW offers this kind of service or opportunity. We understand that things can come up, but please let us know by Friday if you cannot attend Saturday. You can contact us at 972-296-2253.
We also send out text messages to confirm. Please politely respond.
This tasting time and cake samples are for bonafide brides who are in the planning stages with a date and reception venue set, only. If you have your venue, date and are seriously planning your wedding reception, we would love to have you in our shop to taste and browse. While we do appreciate all cake orders, our brides are our first priority. This sampling time is not for individuals wanting birthday cakes or other specialty cakes.
IF YOU BOOK YOUR RESERVATION, PLEASE MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT TO ATTEND.
WE FILL UP QUICKLY AND SPACES ARE LIMITED.